Pump up your routine with this decadent energy snack. These coconut cashew chews are a simple and scrumptious nom on the go.
I ascribe to the philosophy of “less is more” in pretty much all areas of life: interior design, speeches, blog posts (ha!), and definitely snacks. I love recipes that are easy and incorporate ingredients I already have on hand. These were my thoughts when I was creating these coconut cashew chews. I didn’t have to go on any extra grocery trips to make these and I am so happy with the end result! These noms are my new snacking sensation- Hope you enjoy!
Coconut Cashew Chews (Stephanie Thiel)
Makes: 9 one-inch balls
- 1/2 cup cashews
- 1 Tbsp. coconut oil
- 1/3 cup shredded coconut
- 2 Tbsp. light agave
- 1/2 cup oats, ground into a flour
- Blend the cashews and coconut oil in a food processor or high-speed blender. Blend until a coarse ‘butter’ forms.
- In a mixing bowl, place the newly formed cashew-coconut butter. Add the shredded coconut and agave- mix thoroughly.
- Add the oat flour (1/2 cup oats ground into a flour using a blender) to the mixture and mix until well combined. You may need to use your hands!
- Using a one-inch scoop (or your hands will work just fine!) take the dough and form bite-size balls.
- You can indulge immediately or freeze for later.