True homemade yogurt covered pretzels. Try out this sweet and salty delight!
I enjoy munching on yogurt-covered pretzels found at local grocery stores. However, they seem to have lots of sugar and other unpronunciable ingredients. This is why I have attempted to create a homemade yogurt covered pretzel recipe that is straightforward and good for you.
These pretzels are a great “nom nom” and the possibilities are endless! I add honey to my greek yogurt, however feel free to use your creativity! (And I would love to hear your ideas and experiments!) I think adding berries would add a nice pop of color to the coating. I will have to try that next time.
Also, I am dabbling with the idea of adding video tutorials to accompany some of my recipes. Here is my first one- I would love to know what you guys think! Enjoy!
Homemade Yogurt Covered Pretzels (Stephanie Thiel)
- 1 tray worth of pretzels (3 handfuls?)
- I prefer the “flat” pretzels (such as the ‘Pretzel Crisps’ brand, original flavor)
- 2/3 cup greek yogurt (plain or vanilla)
- 1 tsp. honey (optional)
- One sandwich bag and scissors (to create a drizzling pouch)
- Line a tray with parchment paper. Then lay out the pretzels evenly on top.
- In a small bowl, mix 2/3 cup yogurt with the honey until evenly combined. Then, spoon the yogurt mixture into a sealable ziploc bag.
- Cut off one of the bottom corners of the ziploc bag. Be sure to make a very small cut. This will allow the yogurt to drizzle out nicely.
- Slowly drizzle the yogurt across each pretzel.
- Place in the freezer. Freeze for at least one hour.
- Eat immediately. (They will melt! It is like a frozen treat)