Satisfy your “salt” tooth with curly fries. Baked in an oven, these are a healthy and easy way to prepare sweet potatoes and satisfy that munchie bug!
Before you start visualizing deep fat-fried, crispy curly fries, keep in mind that these fries are baked to retain the natural goodness of the sweet potato. Therefore, they’re cut curly but not so crisp if you were to bread and fry them.
These sweet potato curly fries are as simple as it gets. You could try adding garlic, chili powder, or other spices to mix up the flavors though. Kick back and relax with some curly fries- you deserve it.
Baked Sweet Potato “Curly Fries”
- One large sweet potato
- Use a potato that has a very wide diameter. If the potato is too narrow, spiraling the curly fries will be challenging
- 2 tsp. olive oil
- Coarse sea salt
- Freshly ground peppercorn
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Peel the skin off of the potato.
- Use a spiralizer tool (see basic zoodles recipe for further spiralizer details) to shape the potato into “curly fry” shape. Use the largest attachment on the spiralizer.
- Place the curly fries onto a baking sheet.
- Drizzle with about 2 tsp. olive oil. Using your hands, mix the fries to ensure they are all coated with the oil.
- Generously sprinkle with sea salt and pepper.
- Bake for 10 minutes. Remove them from the oven to flip. Then, bake for another 10 minutes, or until golden brown. (About 20 minutes total cooking time)
- Let them cool and eat up! Nom nom nom 🙂